he sacrament of Confirmation completes the process of initiation into the Catholic community and strengthens our ability to be witnesses of Jesus Christ.
Through Confirmation the Holy Spirit gives us the gifts of wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety, and awe of the Lord.
These gifts help us to become better human beings and Christians. They manifest themselves in the virtues of charity, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, generosity, gentleness, faithfulness, modesty, self-control, and chastity.
Formed by these gifts, we can better make our distinctive contribution to build up the Church in loving service.
The following information involves Confirmation for Teenagers
1. The Candidate is in 9th grade or is at least 14 years old.
2. Fill-out an application.
3. Bring a copy of his/her Baptism and First Communion Certificates on the day of registration.
4. Candidates that have not been baptized and/or have not received First Communion must participate in Pre-Baptismal workshops along with his/her parents and godparents in order to be baptized, and six (6) additional First Communion classes.
Candidates attend classes from September 2019 to May 2020, twice (2) a week: Fridays, 7:30pm-9pm, and Sundays, 10:30am-2pm (Includes Sunday Mass).
• Families in English Program:
– 10:30am, Auditorium
– 11:00am, Mass
– 12:10pm, Class
• Families in Spanish Program:
– 10:30am, Auditorium
– 11:00am, Class
– 1:00pm, Mass
Candidates will participate in a 3-day retreat.
Each Candidate will complete (30) hours of community service in the parish and/or through the missions in the “Confirmation Reflection and Mission Phase” list, before the end of the year.
Parents/guardians will sign the Program Rules and Annual Calendar on the first day of class. Classes start September 13, 2019.
The fee is $365.00 payable on the day of registration.
Expectation of Parents
At least 1 parent/guardian will participate in the classes and events of the Confirmation Program that are prepared for them. (i.e. Christian formation workshops, retreats, meetings, Parish Carnival).
Criteria for Godparents
• At least 18 years old.
• Is a baptized Catholic who has received the Eucharist and has been confirmed.
• Can be single or married.
If married, must be married in the Catholic Church.
• A companion who will continue to walk with the candidate in his/her faith journey, inviting him/her to complete participation and service in parish life.
St. Catherine of Siena
Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire.”