heers and thanks for checking out Ignatian Young Adults! We’re the Young Adult ministry for those 18 to 39 years old, bilingual or English-speaking, single, married or divorced, student or professional. We aim to grow as a community in Spirit, love being Social, and Serve our parish and beyond.
You are welcome here. Whether you have issues with the Catholic Church or embrace all that She does, whether you have been hurt by it, or have grown in it, or if you want to connect with peers who are on their own faith journeys, especially if your life involves “the business,” we hope that you find company with us.
Our young adult focused prayer services & talks seek to nourish the Spirit and help us along the way:
- Sunday liturgy with young adult themed ambiance, music, preaching and prayers led by a young adult priest (or at least one who is young at heart).
- Contemplative prayer service of scripture reading and silent reflection interspersed with simple & meditative repetitive tunes. Many have said that the peaceful rhythm helps relax the body and open the heart to God’s presence. Please log into Facebook and check out a short video on our IYA page from one of our Taizé services.
- An evening of warm ambiance, relaxing music, and honest conversations about the question of “true love.” Presented by Christus Ministries
- Lenten & Advent parish retreat series that help one discover personal ways of praying. They feature an Ignatian style that involves imagination, listening to God with the heart, and just being real. This way of praying has practical applications to daily life. Presented by Christus Ministries
- Fall Social & Winter Social
- Homeboy Industries 5K Run/Walk
SOL (“Shine Our Light”) Mass
Taizé + Adoration
“Java, Jazz & Jesus”
“Conversations of the Heart”
Our lively social events build friendship and community:
St. James writes that faith without works is dead. We participate in activities to put our faith into action:
And there’s a lot more! If you’d like more information, share a comment about an event, have an idea for an activity, talk, or anything that will help you grow spiritually or in community, please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.